Monday, March 30, 2009

Talking Points 7

Anita Hill Is A Boy~ Peggy Orenstein

This reading is arguing that males have and may always have the power, and that women are trying to make a comback and gain equality in society. I really like this article and I like learning about issues of TITLE 9. I like how Ms. Logan actually had a class focusing more on women than men.
"Women are one half of the world's people; they do two thirds of the world's work; they earn one tenth of the worlds income; and they own one one-hundreth of the worlds property."
This quote is saying that even though men and women are said to be equal they really arent. A women can hold the same position as a men but they will make less. They could go to the same school have the same gpa and still get paid less. I feel as though this should be pasted in every magazine, because it is all true.
"If I told them I was interested in women’s history, they’d call me a fag. So I just take it and don’t talk about it."
Even men are embarassed to say that they know a little about women, and their rights. Men think that its not important to know about women and their rights and how unequal they are treated. I think that men should realize the inequality in men and women. Men could learn about the inequality and they still would treat women the same. Men just think that they have the right to have the upper hand on women.

No comments:

Post a Comment